2014 NCAA Division II Tennis Championship Central
2014 NCAA Division II Men's & Women's National Championship
Sanlando Park - Altamonte Springs, Fla. - May 14-17, 2014
Co-Hosted by the Sunshine State Conference and the Central Florida Sports Commission
LIVE SCORING (Dates and Times listed)
Live scoring will be available at the link above for the full duration of the NCAA Division II Tennis Championship.
LIVE VIDEO (Courts 11,12,13)
RESULTS/STATISTICS (Match results and combined championship statistics will be available here after the conclusion of each match throughout the tournament)
CHAMPIONSHIP BRACKETS (Dates and Times listed)
Tuesday, April 28
Men's Digital Program (Available May 1)
Women's Digital Program (Available May 1)
ABOUT SANLANDO PARK
Sanlando Park is located off Douglas Avenue in Altamonte Springs. The 1985 award winning USTA National Tennis Facility of the Year hosts many large tennis events and is a favorite location for many participants in the local tennis community. The 40 acre park has 25 lighted hard tennis courts, six lighted racquetball courts, three lighted wallyball courts and two lighted basketball courts, pavilions, sand volleyball, nature trail along with easy access to the Seminole County Wekiva Trail. It is the eight time in the last 12 years that Sanlando Park will serve as the host of the NCAA Division II Tennis Championships.
ABOUT THE SSC
The Sunshine State Conference sponsors 17 intercollegiate sports and has nine members, all private schools in the state of Florida. SSC schools have won 84 Division II national championships, including 12 in tennis (7 men, 5 women), as well as national runner-up finishes 71 times, including 16 in tennis (10 men, 6 women).
Academically, the SSC has led Division II conferences in the NCAA's Academic Success Rate for seven-straight years. The SSC has also had a total of eight student-athletes recognized with the NCAA Elite 89 award.
Located in Winter Park, Fla., the Sunshine State Conference is the only NCAA conference headquartered int eh state of Florida. The member schools of the SSC are Barry University, Eckerd College, Florida Southern College, Florida Institute of Technology, Lynn University, Nova Southeastern University, Rollins College, Saint Leo University and the University of Tampa.
ABOUT THE CENTRAL FLORIDA SPORTS COMMISSION
The Central Florida Sports Commission is a non-profit, private organization created to attract international, national and regional events and sports-related business and activities to Central Florida. The Sports Commission is our community's clearinghouse and first point of contact for sports and sports-related activities and we are committed to developing and enhancing the region's sports brand.
To obtain a media credential to the 2014 NCAA Division II Tennis Championship go to NCAA.com/media. Scroll down to Spring Championships and click the credential application for DII M&W Tennis. If you have any questions, contact Jonathan Hower (SSC) at 321-972-1803 or email@example.com.
Orlando International Airport to Embassy Suites Altamonte Springs
225 Shorecrest Drive, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- Begin by taking the North Exit (SR-436 Exit) away from the airport
- Continue on SR-436 [S Semoran Blvd.] (6.1 Miles)
- Turn RIGHT onto Ramp SR–408 Toll Expressway (0.3 Miles)
- Continue on SR-408 Toll Expressway (3.7 Miles)
- Take I-4 Exit towards Daytona Beach (0.5 Miles)
- Merge onto I-4, Continue on I-4 East (8.8 Miles)
- Take Exit 92, onto ramp towards SR-436 / Altamonte Springs (0.3 Miles)
- Turn RIGHT (East) onto SR-436 [E Altamonte Dr] (0.3 Miles)
- Take immediate LEFT onto Cranes Roost Blvd. (0.4 Miles)
- Follow signs to Embassy Suites on left.
Embassy Suites to Sanlando Tennis Park
401 West Highland Street, Altamonte Springs, FL 32714
- Begin by taking SR – 436 [Semoran Blvd.] WEST towards Apopka (0.2 Miles)
- Cross over the Interstate-4 bridge
- Make an immediate RIGHT onto Douglas Avenue (go 1.0 Mile)
- Turn LEFT onto W. Highland Street (0.3 Mile)
- At the very end of the block, arrive at Sanlando Park on the RIGHT
Hotels to Orlando International Airport
- Begin by taking SR – 436 [Semoran Blvd.] EAST (25 Miles)
- Continue to follow SR – 436 [Semoran Blvd.] will lead directly to the Airport
- Estimated Travel Time: 40 min.